Clyne Chapel was built in 1907 by Graham Vivian, who owned the nearby Clyne Castle and Estate, as the private chapel for his family. Although Vivian specified that the Chapel should have no stained glass windows to distract from the beauty of its surroundings, there are within it a range of notable artefacts that he collected on his tours to Italy, including the marble altar, a stone relief of the Transfiguration, and the imposing traditional hardwood pulpit. The Chapel seats about 120 people, on a mixture of conventional pews and modern chairs. The small, electric action, two manual organ was reconstructed and relocated to its present site at the back of the Chapel by Percy Daniels in 1976.
Clyne Chapel is a Grade II listed building. Tucked into a hollow at the entrance to Clyne Gardens, it is greatly enhanced by the peace and splendour of its location, and is a valued place for quiet reflection, prayer, and meditation. A War Memorial to members of the village of Blackpill who lost their lives in the two World Wars stands in the grounds. There is also a Garden of Remembrance, where ashes are interred. Originally, with Holy Cross, Clyne Chapel was part of the large Parish of Oystermouth, but, in 1974, the new Parish of Llwynderw was created to encompass the communities served by the two churches.